There is a suprising lack of variety and originality in the type of questions used at interview- but that is very much due to the fact that many questions stand the test of time in identifying the key information needed from a candidate.
With a robust application (including a detailed CV/Resume) you can expect the interviewer to focus more on your work history and achievements- if detail is thin on the ground then they may need to ask a few more awkward questions to fill the time. As ever, be prepared and be on the front-foot by practising your answers to these common types of questions:
- Classic Interview Questions: About You.
- Classic Interview Questions: Your work history and professional development.
- Classic Interview Questions: Theoretical Situations.
- Classic Interview Questions: About the company you are applying to.
- Classic Interview Questions: About the role you are applying for.
- Classic Interview Questions: How you work/deal with your responsibilities.
Think you’re well prepared? use our simple Interview Question Tool to see if you have got an answer to some random questions that it will fire at you. Good Luck!